Fox News Corporation’s longtime mainstay Tucker Carlson departed the company this week and not by choice.
Carlson consistently garnered the highest ratings for Fox News and enjoyed enormous support from the Republican Party’s conservative base, Libertarians, and independents.
The hard-hitting, in-depth tales that Carlson is renowned for exploring are subjects that other shows wouldn’t dare touch.
On Tuesday, it came to light that Pentagon officials are overjoyed that Fox News’ longtime host Carlson is leaving the network. However, Carlson had a great comeback to their expressions of celebration.
An unnamed Pentagon source reportedly told Politico that Tucker Carlson’s departure was beneficial for the nation since no one would be able to criticize the military high command anymore.
“We’re a better country without him bagging on our military every night in front of hundreds of thousands of people,” the official declared.
Another Department of Defense representative replied, “Good riddance.”
According to The Daily Wire, Carlson responded to a request for comment on the story with the following three words: “Ha! I’m sure!”
High-ranking Pentagon officials and Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin were frequently the targets of the former Fox host’s attacks for a variety of mistakes, including the pullout from Afghanistan.
“Carlson left Fox News on Monday with the network issuing a statement announcing his departure which seemingly came as a surprise to the entire country, including those working at Fox News,” The DC Enquirer reported.
“Fox News Media and Tucker Carlson have agreed to part ways,” the network said in a statement, according to Forbes.
“We thank him for his service to the network as a host and prior to that as a contributor,” Fox continued in its statement. “Mr. Carlson’s last program was Friday, April 21st. Fox News Tonight will air live at 8 PM/ET starting this evening as an interim show helmed by rotating FOX News personalities until a new host is named.”
The journalist seems to be enjoying his time off, however, with multiple spottings in southern Florida with his wife enjoying the warm sun.
According to The Mail, Carlson walked out of his $5.5 million beach house in Boca Grande, Florida, and declared, “Retirement is going great so far.”
“I haven’t eaten dinner with my wife on a weeknight in seven years,” Carlson opined.
After more than two decades in the television news industry, Carlson was asked by The Daily Mail about his prospective future and quipped, “Appetizers plus entrée.”
Despite the fact that Tucker Carlson’s firing was not included in the $787.5 million settlement Fox News agreed to pay to Dominion Voting Systems, the host’s coverage of the 2020 election almost certainly played a significant role in the decision to part ways with him.
The investigation Carlson conducted into how the federal government was involved in the events of January 6 may have given the top brass the most cause for concern.
The Daily Beast claimed on Monday night that Lachlan Murdoch, the CEO of Fox Corporation, and Suzanne Scott, the CEO of Fox News, were responsible for the cuts at Fox News.
The report states, “In Carlson’s case, it was Fox Corp CEO Lachlan Murdoch and Fox News CEO Suzanne Scott who made the call on Friday night to can him and his show, Confider has learned, thanks largely (and surprisingly) in part to vulgar comments he made about Sidney Powell, the right-wing lawyer behind many of the bonkers 2020 election lies pushed on Fox’s airwaves,”
According to the report, Tucker was already pissing off Fox management between his conspiracy-laden coverage of the Jan. 6 Capitol riots, including the repeated and baseless targeting of Trump supporter Ray Epps as being an FBI agent who instigated the insurrection; a looming lawsuit from his former producer Abby Grossberg alleging a sexist work environment; and his disparaging remarks about Fox brass in documents made public,”
Dan Bongino, a contributor to Fox News, a well-liked guest, and the host of the program “Unfiltered,” was likewise unable to reach an agreement with Fox News last week on the renewal of his contract.
According to at least one well-known media analyst, Rupert Murdoch will remove Maria Bartiromo and Jeanine Pirro from Fox News as he seeks to become less “vulnerable” in the wake of the network’s almost $800 million defamation deal with Dominion Voting Systems. Fox News critic Dylan Byers predicted that both Bartiromo and Pirro will be fired from the network, according to a Radar web post from last week.
On Fox News’s website, Tucker’s page is still up where his catch-slogan is “‘Tucker Carlson Tonight’ is the sworn enemy of lying, pomposity, smugness and group think. We ask the questions that you would ask – and demand answers. Catch us weeknights at 8 p.m. ET!”
The numerous critics who are praising Carlson’s leaving are obviously not a big deal to him. He is aware that many Americans are eager to learn what his next move will be.