The J6 Political prisoners, some of who have been held in a DC prison and treated inhumanely for over two years awaiting trial, have an opportunity to halt their practices and demand access to evidence that could finally clear them.
The trials have moved along at an extremely slow pace out of political persecution, with out-of-control judges apparently working to please the “Gulag director” Democrat Mayor of DC Muriel Bowser, who is asserting her control and dominance by denying Americans their rights to due process.
As faithful Democrats, both Bowser and former US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) who had oversight of the cam footage of the Capitol Police from that fateful day at the Capitol when over a million people went to DC to defend their liberty and show support for President Donald J. Trump, have denied the defendants access to any of the cam footage.
The Capitol Police have around 44,000 hours of footage that has never been released to a number of the defendants and not at all to the media, before earlier in March when Fox News host Tucker Carlson had access to some of the footage.
Martin Walsh reported for Conservative Brief about the details and a recent ruling about the footage:
House Speaker Kevin McCarthy gave thousands of hours of surveillance video footage from the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, to Fox News host Tucker Carlson that was not released when House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Democrats controlled the lower chamber. In recent weeks, Carlson has been airing portions of the footage on his primetime show.
In the wake of the unseen footage, several Jan. 6 defendants have attempted to file new motions in court that they believe could help their cases.
In one case, Christopher Quaglin – a New Jersey electrician the Justice Department says is a member of the Proud Boys – filed a renewed motion for release. However, U.S. District Judge Trevor McFadden denied Quaglin’s motion for release from pretrial custody, ruling he found no violations of constitutional rights at the D.C. Jail that would warrant his dismissal.
“Quaglin was one of nine men in a multi-defendant indictment field in 2021 stemming from an hours-long assault on police defending the U.S. Capitol Building’s Lower West Terrace Tunnel on Jan. 6, 2021. Quaglin faces felony charges of assaulting police with a dangerous weapon and inflicting bodily injury on officers for allegedly attacking police with a stolen riot shield and pepper spray,” local outlet WUSA9 reported.
“As Gross noted during Tuesday’s hearing, three Republicans on the House Committee on Oversight and Accountability sent a letter to D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser last week announcing their plan to investigate the D.C. Jail’s handling of Jan. 6 detainees. The letter included the claim that Jan. 6 detainees have received ‘disparate treatment,’ including lack of access to legal resources,” the outlet added.
In another case, U.S. District Court Judge James Boasberg, an Obama appointee, rejected a request from Sara Carpenter to delay her trial over her role in the Capital riot.
The request for a delay was made in the context of first allowing the 44,000 hours of footage to be reviewed.
According to Politico, Judge Boasberg acknowledged the request was not frivolous but said the defense had not provided sufficient clarification as to why any additional footage would be considered exculpatory.
Carpenter, a former NYPD officer, is currently facing two felony charges related to her alleged involvement in the Capitol riot, Fox News noted, citing the Politico report.
Boasberg argued that reviewing Capitol and police surveillance footage from McCarthy’s office could potentially derail multiple trials scheduled in the upcoming months.
Prosecutors have stated that they have already provided Carpenter with a substantial amount of closed-circuit television footage, documenting her presence inside the Capitol building for a duration of 34 minutes, with only a few seconds unaccounted for, Fox News noted, adding that they don’t have any idea what footage McCarthy has released.
“We don’t have what the speaker has,” Assistant U.S. Attorney Christopher Cook said during the hearing, according to Politico. “In any case, there’s always the possibility some information may be out there.”
Many other defendants facing charges related to the riot, including those affiliated with the Proud Boys and accused of seditious conspiracy, have expressed concerns about how the extensive footage will impact their cases, the report said.
In response to these concerns, Republican Rep. Barry Loudermilk of Georgia, who serves as the chairman of the House Administration Committee’s oversight subcommittee, has reportedly stated that the footage captured by McCarthy’s office will be made available to defendants on a case-by-case basis to ensure that they receive due process.
Last month, McCarthy honored a pledge made to Republican holdouts during his bid for Speaker to release all of the surveillance footage, and he kept the promise by releasing it to Carlson.
Carlson has been airing new footage in recent days on his Fox News program from the riot at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021.
The chief of the U.S. Capitol Police issued a memo to his staff following the airing of previously unseen security footage by Carlson, which showed police officers appearing to stand passively as a large crowd entered the Capitol that day.