When Fox News host Sean Hannity directly questioned Rep. James Comer, chairman of the House Oversight Committee, on his ability to substantiate claims that President Joe Biden engaged in a bribery scheme, he received a weak response.
Rep. Dan Goldman, a Democrat from New York and member of the House Oversight Committee, has been vocal in his argument that Hunter Biden’s former business partner, Devon Archer, and his testimony on Monday, supports Joe Biden, as well as that of the Biden White House.
Comer released a statement charging President Biden of lying to the people of the United States when he claimed he was unaware of and uninvolved in his son’s business activities. Comer did not provide particulars from the testimony outside the fact that the phone calls existed and Hunter Biden’s actions to promote “the brand” of his relationship with his father.
Congressman Jim Jordan described the meeting as “productive”.
However, on Monday night’s episode of Fox News’ Hannity, both of the leaders of the Biden investigation spoke extensively with host Sean Hannity, summarizing a well-known list of charges against Joe Biden and insisting once more that Archer’s testimony demonstrates the president lied — in contrast to Goldman’s account of the particulars of the testimony.
When Hannity asked for a clear “yes” or “no” regarding if they would be able to back up their claims, he received “hope” and “smoke” in response:
Here’s the transcript:
SEAN HANNITY: I tell you, and this is why the Republicans have one half of one house. The government, one branch of government is so critical because these investors would all get covered up. And both of you put your neck on the line to get to the truth. And we went a long way today. And this. Will you both a, answer yes or no? Do you believe that this is now officially the Joe Biden bribery allegation? And do you believe that you will be able to prove that? Jim Comer.
REP. COMER: I sure hope so. And I do believe that there’s a lot of smoke. And where there’s smoke, there’s fire. We just heard testimony today that Joe Biden had lied to the American people.
SEAN HANNITY: Jim Jordan, do you believe that? And do you believe that the DOJ has been helping to cover it up?
REP. JORDAN: Well, it sure looks that way. And I would tell you this, Joe Biden said he was not involved. There were two dinners at the Cafe Milano in D.C.. One of them, as you pointed out, where Joe Biden was there for the entire dinner. Both times. One of them had Mrs. Baturina, this Russian, the wealthiest woman in Russia, worth over $1,000,000,000. So that sure is a different story than what he’s been telling us all along.
Hannity didn’t push for a yes or no at that point, he merely said thank you.
SEAN HANNITY: All right. Great work, both of you. Appreciate your time. Jim Jordan, James Comer, thank you.
YouTube users commented on the investigation, warning Republican leaders.
User @tismit417 posted:
“For all this intense investigation, pointed words, Committees, counsels , there better be hell to pay !!! If not, Republicans will be seen just like Dems.”
User @peachesncream3090 added that “They need to add Obama in this because he was on board as well with withholding aid until the prosecutor was fired. The Biden brand was listened to because of the Obama brand. The corruption starts at the top and works downward.”
The House Oversight Committee put out key parts of Archer’s testimony:
- Devon Archer testified that the value of adding Hunter Biden to Burisma’s board was “the brand” and confirmed that then-Vice President Joe Biden was “the brand.”
- Archer admitted that “Burisma would have gone out of business if ‘the brand’ had not been attached to it.” He believed that Hunter Biden being on the board and the Biden brand contributed to Burisma’s longevity. People would have been intimidated to mess with Burisma legally because of the Biden brand.
- In December 2015, Mykola Zlochevsky, the owner of Burisma, and Vadym Pozharski, an executive of Burisma, placed constant pressure on Hunter Biden to get help from D.C. regarding the Ukrainian prosecutor, Viktor Shokin. Shokin was investigating Burisma for corruption. Hunter Biden, along with Zlochevsky and Pozharski, “called D.C.” to discuss the matter. Biden, Zlochevsky, and Pozharski stepped away to make the call. This raises concerns that Hunter Biden was in violation of the Foreign Agents Registration Act.
- Devon Archer testified that Hunter Biden put then-Vice President Joe Biden on the speakerphone during business meetings over 20 times. Archer testified that Joe Biden was put on the phone to sell “the brand.” These phone calls include a dinner in Paris with a French energy company and in China with Jonathan Li, the CEO of BHR.
- Archer acknowledged that then-Vice President Biden had coffee with Jonathan Li, the CEO of BHR, in Beijing. Then-Vice President Biden even wrote a letter of recommendation for college for Li’s daughter.
- Archer confirmed Joe Biden was referred to as “my guy” by Hunter Biden.
- In spring of 2014, then-Vice President Biden attended a business dinner with his son, Hunter, and his associates at Café Milano in Washington, D.C. Elena Baturina, a Russian oligarch who is the widow of the former mayor of Moscow, attended the dinner. Notably, the Biden Administration’s public sanctions list for Russian oligarchs does not contain Baturina.