A significant proportion of individuals affiliated with the Democratic Party hold the belief that Joe Biden, an octogenarian should refrain from seeking re-election.
The current president has surpassed Ronald Reagan as the oldest individual to hold the office, having finished his second term at the age of 77.
Reagan surpassed the previous record set by Dwight Eisenhower, concluding his second term at the age of 70.
Throughout the span of over two centuries in American history, it has been observed that those who assume the role of president are often in their 50s and 60s, with some exceptions falling within their 40s.
According to a recent study conducted by the Associated Press and NORC, it was shown that a significant majority of Democrats between the ages of 18 and 44, specifically 77 percent, hold the belief that Joe Biden’s age renders him unfit for another term in office.
In contrast to any potential misconception that this perspective is solely held by the younger demographic, it is noteworthy that a significant majority of individuals aged 60 or over, specifically 71 percent, share the same belief in relation to Biden.
In general, a majority of Democrats, specifically 69 percent, hold the belief that the individual in question is of an advanced age that renders them unsuitable for the role of the nation’s commander in chief.
When the inclusion of Republicans and independents is taken into account, the aforementioned percentage increases to 77 percent.
Moreover, a significant majority of 77 percent of respondents expressed the belief that age poses a more significant concern for President Biden compared to former President Donald Trump, who is also 77 years old.
— AP-NORC Center (@APNORC) August 28, 2023
Only 51 percent of the respondents indicated that Donald Trump, the prominent Republican candidate for the 2024 presidential election, is deemed to be of an advanced age that would hinder his ability to serve another term as president.
The poll was administered from August 10th to August 14th through a combination of online and telephone interviews, involving a total of 1,165 adult participants. The margin of sampling error is ±3.8 percentage points.
Despite the possibility of Joe Biden becoming the presidential contender for the Democratic Party in the upcoming year, a notable proportion of Democrats have expressed their reluctance to support his candidacy.
A mere 43 percent of respondents expressed unequivocal support for the individual in question, while an additional 39 percent indicated a likelihood of offering their support. A collective 18 percent of respondents said that they were inclined to either probably or definitely abstain from voting for him.
The significant decrease in the number of votes is particularly noteworthy, especially in pivotal states like Arizona and Georgia, where the outcome of the 2020 elections was determined by a margin of less than 1 percent of the total ballots cast.
According to the Real Clear Politics average of polls, Biden now maintains a little advantage of approximately 1 percent over Trump. However, it is worth noting that Trump has emerged as the preferred candidate in several specific surveys conducted by the New York Post and Yahoo News.
President Trump utilized the mug image stemming from his fourth charge, brought forward by Democratic prosecutors within the current year, as a means to generate financial contributions for his political campaign.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 25, 2023
According to a report by Politico, the individual managed to leverage the photograph to generate $7.1 million in campaign contributions within a short span of time subsequent to being charged with allegations of attempting to disrupt the 2020 election in Georgia.
“On Friday alone, Trump raised $4.18 million, making it the single-highest 24-hour period of his campaign to date, according to a person familiar with the totals,” the report continued.
During a recent interview, Tucker Carlson posed the question to Trump, inquiring about his ability to maintain a positive demeanor despite facing frequent indictments.
Trump reacted by saying “I think it’s a lot easier because I’m so high in the polls, because it means the people get it.”
Despite the several legal challenges posed by the Biden Justice Department and local Democratic prosecutors, President Trump appears to possess a robust demeanor and competence that would enable him to effectively manage a potential second term.
In contrast, Biden, who has allocated 40 percent of his time outside of the White House, appears to be adequately prepared for a transition into permanent retirement.
Trump went after Biden on Truth Social on Monday:
“The division, anger, and hatred that Crooked Joe Biden, the worst and most corrupt President in the history of the United States, has caused by Indicting his Political Opponent, who is leading him in the polls, all for the sake of Election Interference, and getting even for the very fertile investigations of him by the Republican Congress. It will only get worse because these deranged lunatics know no bounds. Someday, however, Sanity will again prevail. MAGA!”
The former president added “These Indictments and lawsuits are all part of my political opponents campaign plan. It is Election Interference, and they are going to use the DOJ/FBI to help them, which is illegal. Crooked Joe pushed this litigation hard to get it done. This is a new low in Presidential Politics. To the Democrats, I say, “be careful what you wish for.””