Last week, Biden insanely railed against “MAGA Republicans” calling them a threat to the nation.
Biden’s speech and the color and imagery that were behind him were described as “Satanic” and Hitlerian by political commentators.
“As I stand here tonight, equality and democracy are under assault. We do ourselves no favor to pretend otherwise,” Biden declared.
So tonight, I have come this place where it all began to speak as plainly as I can to the nation about the threats we face, about the power we have in our own hands to meet these threats, and about the incredible future that lies in front of us if only we choose it.
“Donald Trump and the MAGA Republicans represent an extremism that threatens the very foundations of our republic,” Biden proclaimed to the cheering crowd of Socialist-Democrats.
Now we’re finding out a possible reason why Biden is so angry.
In its raid on the Trump estate at Mar-a-Lago last month, the FBI came up short, says a former top spy.
John Ratcliffe, who Trump appointed as Director of National Intelligence (DNI), said on Fox News last week that the FBI “didn’t find what they were looking” for, based on his assessment.
Ratcliffe, who represented Texas’s 4th district from 2015 to 2020 told Fox, “I was a former federal prosecutor, United States attorney. Let me tell you what this is about. Good prosecutors with good cases play it straight. They don’t need to play games.” His statement was in reference to DOJ officials. “They don’t need to shop for judges, they don’t need to leak intelligence that may or may not exist.”
In opposing the appointment of a special master to review allegedly classified documents, the Justice Department “tells you that the government didn’t find what they were looking for,” Ratcliffe added.
“There weren’t nuclear secrets” on Trump’s property, he continued, “and they’re trying to justify what they’ve done. They’re not playing it straight before the American people. I think that that’s going to play out.”
However, Ratcliffe did not provide details regarding his claims, according to The Epoch Times.
In addition, the outlet noted:
Since the Aug. 8 raid on Mar-a-Lago, neither the DOJ nor the FBI has revealed what materials agents were trying to find. A heavily redacted affidavit used to obtain the search warrant last week provided few details, but it said prosecutors believed there were allegedly classified documents being kept in Trump’s Florida residence.
The former president and some former White House aides say that Trump had a standing order to declassify any materials that left the Oval Office and were taken to Mar-a-Lago.
Trump’s special master request was granted by a federal judge this week. Ratcliffe’s comments preceded the ruling.
Aileen M. Cannon, the U.S. District Judge from the Southern District of Florida mandated the appointment of a third party to “review the seized property, manage assertions of privilege and make recommendations thereon, and evaluate claims for return of property.”
“The Court hereby authorizes the appointment of a special master to review the seized property for personal items and documents and potentially privileged material subject to claims of attorney- client and/or executive privilege,” the order reads.
“Furthermore, in natural conjunction with that appointment, and consistent with the value and sequence of special master procedures, the Court also temporarily enjoins the Government from reviewing and using the seized materials for investigative purposes pending completion of the special master’s review or further Court order,” it continues.
However, the order, “shall not impede the classification review and/or intelligence assessment by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (“ODNI”) as described in the Government’s Notice of Receipt of Preliminary Order.”
Former federal prosecutor Andrew McCarthy told Fox News that Cannon’s ruling had the capacity to be “potentially explosive” in the event that it led to an executive privilege claim.
“It’s a big win for the Trump team and a potentially explosive ruling if it holds. I would imagine it’s important enough that the government will appeal this immediately,” he told Fox News.
“In a nutshell, what happened here is the Justice Department assumed that Trump only had attorney-client privilege, that he did not have executive privilege, or at least to the limited extent that as a former president he maintains executive privilege, it can’t be asserted against the executive branch itself,” he added.
“It’s one thing for the government to have that theory, I think it actually may be a sound theory. The problem is it’s not 100% settled, so I thought it was incumbent on them to get a ruling from the court on that question before they hauled off did what they did, which was have the privilege team go through all the seized documents assuming that Trump only had attorney-client privilege and then allowing all of the potentially executive privileged documents to go to the prosecution team,” he stated.
“If it turned out they are privileged, that could taint the prosecutors who reviewed them and it could also taint their investigation because they are now conducting an investigation,” he asserted.
“They got these documents two weeks ago, and they have had these documents, the prosecution team has, for about a week. So they have been merrily conducting their investigation with the agents assuming all the documents were appropriate for the investigation. Now the judge is saying hold everything, he may have executive privilege,” he concluded.